Liquid Soil Technology
Pioneering design in the field of Liquid Soil Technology
Liquid Soil Technology is well-known in the German market and has continued to gain prominence internationally over the last several years. Johannes Simonsen (Simotec), Siegfried Neu (Beton-DLN) and Roland Langnaese (Ingenieurbüro Langnaese) have established the working group DSF-AG (German-Scandinavian Liquid Soil Working Group) in order to offer even better Liquid Soil technology to the market.
As a result from various customer demands, we have developed a revolutionary mixing technology that makes it possible to mix the excavated soil on site.
Our mixing technology can be used in the following applications: soil, dust and mixing of mud and other substances.
Our systems are designed to produce:
- Liquid Soil
- Land Mortar
- Concrete Flooring
- Concrete (from a pre-mix of sand and gravel)
- HGT (Hydraulic - Bound - Base course) layer ready-mixed sand and gravel)
- Recycling Asphalt (from a pre-mix of sand, gravel or crushed stone)
- And other substances from soil, sand or mud (BSS)
What is Liquid Soil?
Building materials from earth
Liquid Soil is a temporarily flowable, self-compacting filling material in earthworks. The benefit of these qualities are that the ground after hardening retains its soil-properties. So far the technology has proved useful, especially within harbor and hydraulic engineering. The following list gives you an overview of the benefits of Liquid Soils nuclear properties:
- Vibration-free installation
- Removes standing water
- Sets in the final strength
- Can immobilize pollutants
- Is a vibration damping building material
- Prevents or reduces root penetration
- Can conduct heat = cool (eg 380 KV line)
- Has a kf value of 10-6 to <10-10 m / s
- One of the most important advantages is the economics of the technology (could highlight the environmental aspects too)
- The ground can be reused at the construction site
- The landfill costs are reduced or are eliminated completely
- The ground is not exchanged thus using natural resources
The illustration below shows some of the possibilities for utilization of Liquid Soil.
Our revolutionary mixing technology makes it possible to mix the excavated soil on site
Our Liquid Soil Technology provides a highly efficient and effective platform for construction projects. The one thing that all our Liquid Soil systems have in common is that the soil remains in the construction area. The following provides you with an overview of our plant's (BSS CM 20+ and BSS CM 30+) functionality in a building environment.
Mechnical Construction & Automation
A Liquid Soil Plant is built and functions within a container system, therefore it is mobile and has its own power supply. This makes it possible to have the batching plant right next to the installation site. The only connection needed is for water, everything else is on board.
The system has several positioning options for mixing - either situated on the truck or on the ground. The binder is stored within the system and the ground can be liquified without lime. Feeding of the plant is conducted via a separator. The high shear mixer (planetary mixer) can also stir cohesive soils. Utilizing a modern process control system, the recipes are stored, mixed and weighed. The test sample is based on printed delivery notes. Liquid soil is filled via a hydraulically adjustable slide in the construction works. It is also possible to transfer the liquid to a bottom up concrete pump.
- Comes with optimized recipes ready to use
- Cohesive soils can be mixed without addition of lime
- With each batch consistency can be changed
- The exact amount required can be mixed
- The reaction is simple and fast
- No drum mixer is needed
- The soil must be prepared in the construction area
- Water must be on site
Ensuring the Quality
Quality assurance is consistently performed. We work according to established guidelines and standards. The mixing plants have a high accuracy. By using Siemens S7 all operations are controlled and registered in the system. A corresponding delivery note can be printed.
The recipes are created by a qualified laboratory which has regular external and internal inspections.